Indigent Patient Program
Mid America Clinical Laboratories is committed to providing clinical laboratory services to all patients regardless of their ability to pay. Through our Indigent Patient Program, we may adjust some or all laboratory charges for patients who are uninsured and cannot afford to pay for their clinical laboratory testing.
The program is available to patients who cannot afford to pay their bill.
- We will require certain information, such as your W-2 form to verify your income.
- If you are currently eligible for federal food stamps, qualify for state Medical Assistance, or are eligible for the Hill-Burton Program, you will automatically qualify under our program.
- You may be required to submit proof of your eligibility for one or more of these programs.
- If you do not currently qualify for these programs, we will take into account your income and family unit size based on guidelines provided to us by the US Department of Health and Human Services. These guidelines are updated on an annual basis and are available at the HHS website.
- Because of certain federal and state regulations, we cannot waive co-payments or deductibles from insurance companies. Therefore, our Indigent Patient Program is only available to patients who do not have health insurance coverage.
How To Apply
If you cannot afford to pay your bill and you are uninsured, call the telephone number listed on your invoice. Ask the Billing Representative for a Mid America Clinical Laboratories Indigent Patient Program application.
Please return the application within 30 days of receipt, so that we can place your bill on hold while we make our determination.
Based on your request and financial income, we will work with you to determine whether or not you qualify for our program. We will notify you whether or not you qualify for financial assistance from Mid America Clinical Laboratories and indicate what portion of the invoice has been credited. If you do not qualify, we will be happy to develop a convenient payment schedule for you.
If you have more questions, please contact a Billing Customer Service Representative at the toll-free number listed on your bill.